Monday, January 23, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



I normally don’t add photos to my post, but I know a young woman who does glass art and this dragon is one of her creations. I couldn’t resist adding it here because the Chinese Year of the Dragon 4710 begins today!

Dragons seem to be synonymous with fantasy. The most famous of fantasy authors rely on at least one wonderful (or dreadful) dragon in the stories.

What do dragons signify? A good description of each signs in the Chinese Zodiac can be found here. Go here to see if you were born under the Dragon.

I prefer to think about what the dragon represents in fantastical tales. What are the words you think of when dragons come to mind? Fire? Passion? Mystery? Something primeval? A mythical creature? A dragon is all of that and more, but the dragon will always have meaning for each of us individually.

I am so intrigued by dragons that I may need to start writing about them.

TIP: In your idea notebook (you do have one, don’t you?), jot down all the ideas and meanings that come to you about dragons. How can you these ideas in a story?

CLMcK

No comments:

Post a Comment