Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's All Fantasy, Isn't It?


It’s been nine long months since I last posted something here. Please know that I have not been sitting around playing with my cat, as much fun as that can be.

If you are looking for my fantasy writing, watch for Darcy de Sahba on Kindle, about a young were-tigress and her journey quest. It has not been put on the market yet, but will be soon. I’ll keep you posted.

Actually, I’ve started writing in a new genre. I love fantasy the way I’ve been writing, and what I’m writing now is still fantasy in the sense that I described in my March 10, 2011 post. In other words, fantasy is something that has not happened – yet.

The new genre I’m exploring is mystery, specifically a genre known as “cozy mystery.” The characters are all fantasies in my mind living ordinary lives, and yet involved in extraordinary mysterious events. You won’t find much in the way of gruesome scenes or explicit XXX-rated material. I may read that kind of stuff written by other authors, but I don’t find myself drawn to write it. As a rule, the mystery is not solved by detectives, but by regular people like you or me.

TIP: Look around you at the everyday people in your life and fantasize about them involved in solving a small mystery. Take one and write a scene.

CLMcK

No comments:

Post a Comment