Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Today, everyone is Irish – or pretends to be! Since I have a bit o’ the Irish in me, as well as the Scottish, I take pride in the wearin’ o’ the green today. I certainly don’t want to get pinched!]

The Irish world is full of fantasy and Wee Folk. We have our mischief maker, the  Leprechaun; our harbinger of death, the banshee; and the beloved faierie  spirits and sprites. We have dwarfs and gnomes, pixies and elves – anything your fancy desires.

 When you are writing fantasy, these various fantasy folk of Ireland make wonderful characters. Each has a specific personality and behavioral traits. I’m not sure which of them is my favorite, but I know I’ll find a place for each of them in future stories.

 Until then, I leave you with an Irish blessing for this day:

May the love and protection
Saint Patrick can give
Be yours in abundance
As long as you live.

TIP: Read all you can about the traditions and legends that surround these creatures as you begin your journey into fantasy-land.

CLMcK

No comments:

Post a Comment